Friday, March 5, 2010

The other day I made the most amazing sugar cookies. They probably weren't really that amazing except that I'm still astounded by my ability to bake and cook things from scratch. I've grown up in a culture where everything is made easy. Box mixes for cookies or even tubes of already made cookie dough and TV dinners. However upon moving to a foreign country where some things are unavailable for purchase, such as pumpkin pies or pumkin pie filling and corn bread mix (two things I love and miss). I've had to learn to make these myself by finding the raw ingredients and making them from scratch. Can you believe most New Zealanders have not had pumkin pie or corn bread? Most of them would think pumpkin pie would be gross as pumpkin here is a savory squash used to soups and roast dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment